Friday, April 15, 2011

New blog name..

Even though about 8 people read my blog, I've decided it needs a name.  Considering that every day off I've had in a long time, in addition to work, has included birds in some way...I've decided to name my blog "Speed Birding."  I've been consistently employed or worked as a volunteer since graduating in 2007 on 14 different jobs involving bird work (by choice).  Alex is sitting next to me entering everything we've seen on E-bird ("E-bird....because birds can't count themselves"), and we are planning a trip to see a Sharp-tailed Grouse Lek on Sunday on our next day off.  I'm pretty sure this isn't how most people spend a Friday night.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like what my wife and I do on a Friday night. I must admit I get a bit jealous hearing about all the spectacular birds you've seen here in the Boise area already, quite a few that I haven't seen yet this year and I'm out birding 4 or 5 days a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well 4 or 5 days a week is pretty awesome also and I think classifies as speed birding! Maybe we will cross paths while I am here! Our current target species is Bohemian Waxwing...but I'm afraid with this warm weather today, we may have missed our chance. A few were on Warm Springs on the green belt but we didn't find them the one night we checked, which was only one night after they were seen there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good place to look for them. I've seen them out on Warm Springs near Harris Ranch, but the last time I've seen Bohemians was probably a month ago. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete